Items in Other Cornell Libraries
Library-to-Library Book Delivery is a service for Cornell patrons. Patrons can request that an item be shipped from one library to another library of their choosing for more convenient pickup. Requests are made electronically using the Library Catalog.
Quick facts to know about Library-to-Library Book Delivery:
- Most circulating materials may be requested through this service, including books, serials, videos/DVDs, audio recordings and computer disks. Items that circulate for less than three days are not requestable. Some special collection materials may also be excluded.
- Patrons cannot make requests to have items paged from and picked up at the same location.
- Requests will be filled within 48 hours, Monday through Friday.
- Items will be held for nine days at the selected pick-up library. After that time, unclaimed items will be shipped back to the owning library.
How to make a Library-to-Library Book Delivery Request:
- Search the Library Catalog and display the record of the item you wish to request.
- Click the "Request Item" button to the right of the title. (In the Classic Catalog, click the "Requests" button at the top of the screen.)
- At the log-in screen, enter your NetID and password. (If you are already authenticated, you will be sent directly to the request form.)
- Select Book Delivery Services (xxx). The number in parentheses indicates the number of remaining requests you may place.
- Click OK.
- At the next screen, choose a library from the "Pick up at" drop-down menu.
- Click "Submit Request"
- A confirmation message will display.
- You will receive an e-mail when the item is ready to be picked up at the library you have chosen.
Once you make a Library-to-Library Book Delivery request, you can monitor the status of your request at My Account.