Our librarians can assist with a wide variety of topics including market and industry research, developing business plans, financial data, and intellectual property.
Business and entrepreneurship research are supported across the university by several library teams. We have expertise and resources to help you explore, understand, and find data on a variety of topics including:
- Industries and Markets
- Leadership and Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Quantitative Methods
- Real Estate
- Venture Capital
Our subject experts provide research assistance in person, by email, or online. We are also happy to work with faculty, staff, and club officers to create customized training sessions and workshops.
Browse through the tabs on this page to learn more about our resource guides, databases, and how to get in touch with us.
Entrepreneurship and Business Plan Development
- How to Conduct New Venture Research (Management Library)
- How to Create Business Plans (Management Library)
- Entrepreneurship Business Resources (Mann Library)
- Entrepreneurship and Concept Development in the Food and Beverage Industry (Nestlé Library)
- Entrepreneurship FAQs (Management Library)
- Patent Searching (Engineering Library)
Getting started with your research
- ABI/INFORM – business articles and industry research.
- Capital IQ – company profiles, financials, deals, ratios, private equity. Requires account.
- IBISworld – industry research.
- Mintel – consumer market research reports and products.
- MSCI ESG Manager – ESG reports on companies and industries.
- Pitchbook – private equity investors, start-ups, deals, research.
- Statista – market and industry statistics and studies.
- WRDS – data for academic research. Includes BoardEx, Compustat, CRSP, IBES, OptionMetrics, RavenPack, and more.
These databases can ONLY be accessed on the Ithaca campus from these libraries:
- Bloomberg – at Management, Mann, and Nestlé libraries. Requires account.
- Refinitiv (Eikon, Datastream, SDC) – at Management and Mann Libraries.
- RS Means – Fine Arts and Nestlé.
Do you have questions about business and marketing databases, workshops, or other business research needs? Please email the Management Library at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a member of the Dyson community, please contact Tom Ottaviano (email@example.com), Business and Economics Librarian.
Need help with researching key segments of the hospitality and real estate industries, or navigating recommended databases? Please email the Nestlé library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have questions related to fields of engineering or computer information science, including patent information and databases? Please email the Engineering Library at email@example.com.
Want to consult with a librarian regarding specific articles, books, or other information related to law? Please email the Law Library at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a member of the Cornell Tech community? Please email the Cornell Tech Library team at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to assist you.
Part of the Cornell entrepreneurship ecosystem? Contact the entrepreneurship team at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance finding accurate data to size potential markets, determine emerging trends, and research support to understand the competitive landscape for your startup.