Get help from our librarians to find more information on your research question. A session usually takes 30 to 60 minutes.
Please allow at least 24 to 48 hours for our experts to contact you. If you need assistance more quickly, please contact us via phone, chat, or email. In general, priority is given to members of the Cornell community.
What happens when you meet with a librarian?
- A research specialist in your subject area will schedule an appointment with you based on mutual availability.
- The research specialist will suggest resources (e.g., books, articles, primary sources, data sources, and more) and search strategies for your topic.
- The research specialist may be a subject specialist who helps build the Library’s collections and works closely with academic departments and programs.
- You’ll get help with research at any academic level, from first-year writing seminar assignments to dissertations and faculty projects. Examples include:
- Research papers, literature reviews, and major presentations.
- Thesis, dissertation, or research projects.
- Data-related projects that involve finding or managing quantitative or qualitative data or data related geographic information systems (GIS).
- Help using citation management software such as Zotero and/or information management strategies and practices.